Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's never too soon or too late for learning

HOWDY ALL! Y E
I hope that i learn a lot from this program like exploring the emerging technologies on the Internet that are evolving the way people, society and libraries access information and communicate with each other, I think this program is an excellent idea and i am very excited to be given the opportunity to embark on this journey of discovery!
Although i am pretty cluey about the Internet and can handle most websites, e-mails and other online things I have not used ANY of the resources that we will be learning about! So I'm very eager to learn!

I think the concept of Life long Learning is fantastic! Its good to learn different things as we all grow up otherwise we get stuck in a rut and nothing new or exciting happens, you also get to keep up to date with current and ever changing technologies which i think is wonderful! You also learn skills for life! and its much easier in this day and age to have a knowledge of the Internet and modern technologies it helps you keep in touch - after all I don't think I've used my land line for months e-mail is free!

I haven't looked at any other blogs as of yet if anybody knows good ones do tell!, I'm still exploring this website, though I have seen blogs on myspace these are a lot more formal and informative, I am looking at somebodies blog page now and it has pictures and a different background! I'm excited to learn how to modify my page so it looks a bit more how i would like it to look! I tried uploading a new background but it failed....i;ll try again and again until it works ha ha!

I can see a MAJOR use for blogs in the library system, it can be the missing link between staff and patrons, making the whole library service more friendly, it would also give a chance for patrons to show there interest and give feedback on current issues!! Also it would bring in a lot of younger patrons which would be FANTASTIC! because the library needs teenagers ha ha it would expand the libraries horizons and invite people to be a part of the bigger picture!

YEE HAA!!! h

No comments: