Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wowsers Wiki!!

Now I feel abit embarrassed because I thought i could come into this learning 2.0 and Blitz it, I've grown up with computers i dont even remember ever physically writing a letter to anybody! or Actually hand writing an essay!
I have HTML, facebook and myspace down to an art - But a WIKI! i NEVER actually knew what that ment or what it was for! i knew wikipedia but i did'nt realise that it was only ONE of MANY Wikis!

Oh how silly i feel!!
I think it is a WONDERFUL! idea - the concept of Wikis! I can go into horse sites and Add myself to Shows, RSVPs Etc without having to do all that silly e-mailing back and forth!
VERY GOOD!
I think it could get messy but applications within the library that could use a Wiki would be

STORYTIME!
people could talk about craft ideas, book ideas anything really!

UP COMMING EVENTS!
people could look on that wiki and Add their thoughts and ideas!

HOLIDAYS
So the public can see when our holidays are and add comments to let us know if we missed anything or if they need to organise around us!

THE LIST IS ENDLESS!!!!

I think that it is really a fantabulous idea for Libraries and i hope that in the future we can embrace it!

YEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAA



No comments: