Monday, April 14, 2008

Online applications and tools

I sent my Page to nswpln@gmail.com so you can look at it, I hope it worked ok.
It was abit confusing at first i did'nt really know what to do, So i just did a write up on Horseflu at the moment to share with my friends so they can add to it when they hear updates etc.

I think this is great and could be used in a library. I think that libraries could use this to talk communicate with each other about certin topics and to help patrons from home if we cant help them straight away at the library.
for example, say if John Smith came in and asked for information for this daughter about a topic and i could'nt find the answers anywhere he could go home instead of waiting and i could make a Online application and invite him to look and have input into it when i have found the information he needed. he can then simply invite others e.g his daughter and instead of sending messy e-mails there would be one document there that they could both share and change.

I think its an exclellent idea, But it would take up alot of staff time, i think down the track when technology is going to be a major factor in Life this will be a life support for students, teachers and everybody.

No comments: