Monday, April 14, 2008

Wrap up; social networks and catch up!!!

YAY finally something i know!!!
Social networking seems to be my life sometimes, I have a Myspace, Facebook, Bebo and a high5
Nobody used telephone anymore I talk to my friends and keep in close contact Via the internet!
I mainly only use Myspace because it has the most people which means i can find almost anybody I know to talk to! so its excellent for keeping in touch with old school friends etc!
You do have to be carful though, I make sure that i dont put any private information online and Also i have set my profile to private so that only friends can see what im doing and see pictures etc.
I think this would be an excellent way to communicate with Patrons, especially teenagers I would love to sit down at the computer and just chat and help out people Via myspace, its so simple the library could create a professional myspace, when you become a member of our library we will add your e-mail to our website so that you can post questions etc in our comments, Someone from the library can them go to your profile and answer your question via comment or message!
But this would take ALOT of staff time, But i do think it would be a great way to presuade teenagers into our library system!!
Because everyone in the whole world would have access to our kibrary page we could become a GROUP and add other libraries around the world and talk to each other about events, promotions and just news in general!
This would stop the need for directors and managers traveling overseas to meet and greet because you could just talk to overseas Libraries and spread the word about our own library in online meetings! you can even use webcams so that it is more personal! AND the best part of it is ITS FREE!!!!!!

The possibilities and Endless!! seriously!
I LOVE SOCIAL NETWORKING!

No comments: